Previously, there was a comment system in place that required the pre-approval of every comment before it was posted. The main reason for putting that system in place was to prevent African descended, other people of color, women and LGBT people who come to this blog from having to see insensitive, name calling and rude comments from others. I was interested in trying to protect people who are typically and systematically abused in this way from facing that on this blog, which is seen as a healing space for such people. Upon re-examination, a decision was made to do away with that approach and allow people to comment freely.There was simply too much with that approach that was at odds with how I approach the world---it was too controlling for my taste, it placed a damper on free speech in my opinion, it was hypocritical in that I really enjoy being able to go to other blogs and comment freely, etc. So, as they say, let the games begin. However all, insensitive, name calling and rude comments---all determined by me, will be promptly removed
Moyo Aflame (heart afame) is a consciously and intentionally commercial free blog.
It is a Social Justice/Sacred Activism blog/Revolutionary Politics Blog.
It also very heavily contains strong spiritual, Black Power/African Diasporic, LGBT activism, sexual expression and far left political themes and values.
The mission of this blog is to exist at the intersections of Social Justice/Sacred Activism, the African Diasporic/ People of Color, Same Gender Loving, Socio-political, Spirituality/Consciousness and Radical Inclusion realms (whew!).
The concrete expression of that mission is mostly achieved on the blog in the following ways:
- Posts that reflect the broad ideas behind this blogs understanding of the following concepts: Social Justice, Sacred Activism, Revolutionary Politics, the neo-Black Power movement and LGBT activism. This is the meta-mission of this blog. Everything else that is found here is contained, in one form or another, under this rubric.
- Original articles, essays, poems, other writings, photo essays and contributions by Sage Mahosadha covering a wide range of topics but especially those that reflect ideas around social justice, sacred activism and radical inclusion.
- Selected essays and writings by others on and about what I (Sage Mahosadha) consider to be important, spiritually relevant and/or newsworthy aspects and elements of the socio-political and spiritual lives of same gender loving people of African Descent and other people of color. A specific objective of the blog is to create posts that attempt to erase the divide that has been created between sexuality/sensuality and a vibrant, living spirituality (AKA: sex and spirit).
- Writings on and about and that impacts the lives of same gender loving people of African Descent and other people of color.
- Posts by guest bloggers to this blog who will gradually and consistently be added as the blog matures and who will more or less be posting pieces strongly related to the mission/vision of the blog though usually with a unique and different perspective all their own.
- If you would like to be a guest blogger for moyo afame please contact sage at email@example.com