Loving Kindness

Loving Kindness

Friday, January 28, 2011

Questions for Sage: The Sacred Masculine and The Grieving Man

(Q)   What do you mean by the phrases, "The Sacred Masculine" and "The Grieving Man?"

(Sage)   Thank you for your question. I'll begin with The Sacred Masculine. I am of the belief that absolutely everything is sacred. So that means all animals, plants, minerals, ideas and everything we may experience in the energetic plane in the cosmos. And so Human Beings are included in that. And men are included in that as well. And what I mean by sacred is consciousness or "The Divine" or for traditionalists I am saying that everything is a reflection of God, whatever that is. In recent years I have moved more toward using the word "consciousness" instead of God. However, I still use the word God. And I use the word consciousness. And I use "The Divine" as well. In most cases I am using all of those phrases completely interchangeably.

So, that is the foundation. When I use the phrase The Sacred Masculine I am speaking of the Divine aspect of males. BTW, I also make reference to The Sacred Feminine. And when I use that phrase the exact same principle applies as when I use the phrase The Sacred Masculine.

My main healing and Sacred and teaching work on the planet revolves around teaching about The Sacred Masculine and bringing this concept more into the consciousness of the world as a whole and men in particular.

One of the reasons I do this work is because I obviously believe it is very important. One reason I believe it is important is because we still live in a world where a disproportionate amount of the real and/or imagined power rests in the hands of men. A disproportionate amount of the world's acts of physical aggression and violence are also perpetrated by men. I believe there can be no denying the correlation between those two facts. I believe one of the reasons both of those facts exist is because many men believe the lie that we have separated ourselves and/or have been separated from our innate Sacredness.

The same cannot be as easily be said about women. Almost every woman is the potential bearer of a child. This potential, even for lesbian identified women or women who for one reason or another are not able to have children still exists at least in the universal and collective energetic experience of The Sacred Feminine.

Childbirth is a universally perceived act of sacredness. And even though this cannot occur without the assistance of The Sacred Masculine, the act of childbirth is not primarily seen as an definitive expression of "maleness." It is almost exclusively viewed as an act associated with The Sacred Feminine or the feminine.

Because of all of this, most societies and even most individual women, whether they discuss it in these terms or not, seem to have greater access to the idea that women are sacred beings because they are the potential bearers of "new life." Men do not have this inroad.

The Grieving Man: Carl Jung and then Joseph Campbell after him, who based much of his work on the work of Jung, crystallized, for me, the concept of archetypes.There are universal archetypes and there are male and female specific archetypes. Some of the more well known male archetypes are, "The Father;" The King;" The Hero;" "The Magician;" etc. So I speak of "The Grieving Man" in the same vain and as archetypes as they are spoken of in psychodynamic theory and mythology. I view The Grieving Man as a fundamental male archetype on the planet at this time. I believe I explain the basics of why I see this as a fundamental male archetype pretty clearly here.
©RAVEN/SAGE MAHOSADHA

No comments: