Loving Kindness

Loving Kindness

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Jeff and Lori Wilfahrt Work For Marriage Equality in the Name of Their Beloved Son



I acknowledge your dedication and efforts towards making this country a place where all the sacred rights of being an American are extended to all Americans to enjoy. Also, for your witness as parents who loved and supported your gay son, JEFF and LORI WILFAHRT, I thank you. You make me PROUD to be an American!

BTW, This is the 500th Post for this Blog!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sir, we are just citizens like all the rest. The only thing I've ever won was the war lottery for my eighteenth birthday, and I won the big ticket item, me. Unfortunately it has come to pass to lose our beautiful son. So for a win I paid a terrible price. I'm not sure I want to win anything ever again, it leads to heartache down the road.

Jeff Wilfahrt, father of CPL Andrew Wilfahrt.

Sage said...

I believe i understand your perspective Jeff with regards to awards. Thank you for your honesty. I don't however, believe you and Lori are citizens just like everyone else...at least not in every single respect. Just last week 1 potential candidate for the presidency of the United States and 1 spouse of a potential candidate declared gay people to either be "barbarians" or people who absolutely do not deserve the right to marry the person they love (Marcus Bachmann and Rick Santourum respectively). The United States Congress is also filled with people who hold this same view. And every day I begin my day reading an hours worth of blogs, many of which have a new story every single day of some well known person or organization publicly stating that discrimination against certain people is an American value. I can't tell you how much I wish you and Lori were just like every other citizen in this respect. That would be so amazing!