Loving Kindness

Loving Kindness

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Thanks In A Time of Uncertainty, Little Money and Possible Depression and Anxiety

I am going to make this short. That alone is enough to give thanks.

Earlier this week I made a decision to pay one important bill and let another important one go. I wasn't able to see a way to pay both. So right now my cell phone is inactive. More such decisions are likely on the horizon for me in the coming weeks. Such are the realities sometimes of living on less than half of what I was living on just 13 months ago. Hopefully I will make those coming decisions with the calm, ease, certainty and lack of anxiety I made this weeks decision with. I believe I will. I believe I will because I have arrived at a place of surrender and letting go in my life that has brought me an unprecedented level of freedom and peace of mind.

Still, its not always easy or exactly automatic. Today, for just a moment...a moment, I was tempted to feel a little sad or anxious or something. This was related to the realization that tomorrow is Thanksgiving and that I'm almost broke and I can't afford to do things the way I like to. As I said, this only lasted a moment. What helped it last only a moment? In the next seconds I realized a flood of things: I am breathing. I have my eyesight. I have the comfort of knowing no new war has broken out in the world in the last 24 hours that I'm aware of. I live with three amazing cats. I went out and about later today and the weather was splendid. And more specifically I have a wonderful partner (who is also unemployed and has less money than me) who has found a way to buy ingredients to prepare not just one but two absolutely amazing Thanksgiving Day feasts for us--one for just the two of us tomorrow and one for us plus several friends on Saturday.

The Holidays are something this man lives for and he was determined to find a way to make them as beautiful for us as possible. This is such a blessing. Tomorrow I will get to call all my family members because both my partner and a friend have offered the use their phones in order to allow me to do so. Sure tomorrow is a free day for such calling. That however, is not what matters. the generosity of the offers is what matters. I could go on and on.

If you are living with the realities of decreased resources this holiday season, I truly hope you have some people in your life who you can trust will lend you love and support. If you are breathing, have your eyesight or general health, that is wonderful. And if you are reading this, you also know you have my love, support and that I am sending you healing and the courage to let go of fear and to surrender to a bliss that awaits you in spite of whatever challenges you have. Happy Thanksgiving! I Love you! raven

© Raven/Sage Mahosadha
Share |

No comments: