Loving Kindness

Loving Kindness

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Life, Death, Resurrection, Ascension: Trusting, Hurting, Forgiveness, Choice and The Spiritual Practice of Saying No

It is such a wonderful thing to have so many opportunities to practice forgiveness; to clumsily and carelessly fumble around in that vast grassland and sometimes gather a full harvest.

And then there also comes some choices that may reduce our time in that grassland and provide us with still so many other bountiful harvests--harvests of wonderment, peace, contentment, beauty and friendship and connections of the highest order.

So to that end I have made a conscious decision to invite into my life individuals who are genuinely loving, considerate and true. I have made a conscious decision to invite into my circle, people who have attained a high degree of personal, emotional and spiritual maturity. And as for people who house a formidable amount of pettiness, jealousy, easily accessed mean-spiritedness and a profound lack of understanding of the sacredness of this whole earth walk--not so much. I have made a conscious decision to invite into my personal space people who are thoughtful, yet not perfect; people who laugh effortlessly at life, not seizing every opportunity to mock, make fun of or attempt to belittle me; people who are genuinely concerned about my well-being, not people who are kind to me only and when it primarily serves them in some twisted way.

I am choosing more wisely now who I choose to let in. And I am choosing more guilt free who I choose to let go of. I have come to know intimately the expressions of woundedness that create people who cannot or will not look at themselves deeply and see what would be beneficial for them to address instead of always looking at the other and demanding what needs to be changed. I assert that all such people have an absolute right to coexist with me on this wonderful blue marble we call mother earth. And I assert that my heart will always be open to inviting such people into that luminescent heart if and when I see fit. And I assert my absolute right not to invite them in so carelessly and to allow the option to love such people from such a distance as not to be tempted by the gifts they bear; gifts I have learned are bitter fruits I no longer have any taste for. And so it is. Hallelujah!

© Raven/Sage Mahosadha
Share |

No comments: