Loving Kindness

Loving Kindness

Friday, July 8, 2011

CNN's Don Lemon Speaks With Jeff and Lori Wilfahrt, Parents of Cpl. Andrew Wilfahrt Regarding Minnesota's Possible March Toward Gay Marriage Ban


I for one can no longer even get angry when I hear outlandish statements and twisted logic like that presented by State Senator Warren Limmer in this video. I even seemed to perhaps detect he was hearing his own words here and was maybe realizing how weird they were himself. Probably my imagination. Anyway, when I now hear statements like the State Senator's, I simply experience sadness and yes, compassion for someone who can go so far as to disparage an American soldier who died for this country, in order to defend his own (Limmer's) discriminatory philosophies and beliefs. I just hope every voter in Minnesota sees this video and is able to see the bigotry in Limmer's statements and the reason, intelligence and wisdom in Lori Wilfahrt's. Ashe.

To read a touching and inspired piece written earlier by Jeff Wilffahrt go here.

No comments: