Loving Kindness

Loving Kindness

Saturday, February 20, 2016

A Prayer of Forgiveness and Reconciliation though not of Reuniting


Dearly Beloved, I understand what you (acquaintance, friend, group of friends, family member, parent, sibling, siblings, son, daughter, entire family, colleague, superior, employee, everyone at a place of work, spiritual teacher/adviser, lover, romantic partner, significant other, spouse, soul mate, spiritual or faith community, sangha, household community, local community, other type of community, country, etc.) did and the reasons why.

I have compassion for you and feel empathy and Loving Kindness for you and I still invite you into my heart where some expression or form of real love still burns radiantly and brilliantly there for you.

And because of what I have, for now, determined to be my highest good, I have decided to place physical distance between us, and perhaps either some or much emotional distance between us as well, though not any spiritual distance. That is because I have come to realize and understand that the underlying power of true spirituality is simply love; simple love, and that this aspect of love never need be withheld either from you nor anyone.

I have felt hurt and perhaps mistreated by you. You did not seek to adequately understand, nor respect, nor embrace my full humanness which includes my vulnerability, my innocence, my childlike openness to you, nor my deep capacity for love and understanding, and I forgive you for all of that and so much more. And I forgive myself. And I forgive the circumstance. And I forgive the past. And I forgive any part of the present that also seeks or needs forgiveness.

And I now release that past. I free it from all encumbrances. I set it all free now. I embrace and make love to each present moment. And in doing so I realize that I now also set myself free. 

And So It Is! Blessed Be! Hallelujah!

Amen!

No comments: